Friday, January 12, 2007

Rainstorms

I look out the window sitting at my computer watching the rain hit the pavement outside. The sky so gray and peace full floating up there like the clouds have no care in the world. I can here the soft patter of rain props tapping at my window. It seems as if I can smell the rain, smell the sweet mist of nature. A sudden boom fills the earth as if the Heavens are pounding on a great drum, then a beautiful aura of light flashes thought the sky. I feel as if I should run outside and dance underneath the clouds with my face facing upwards toward the Heavens and the Earth showing my love and respect for such a gift. Why do I feel this way? Why do I feel such a desire and love towards storms?
It seems like storms are a way for me to relax and enjoy such soothing sounds and colors. Sometimes I like sunny days, but stormy days are almost like a treat for me. When I smell the rain it makes me feel so warm and happy inside. I suppose I like rainy days because when it is a sunny day, the sun makes the sky so bright you can barely see and it is so hot; rainy days hides the brightness, so you can see outside and see the sky, and the rain and the clouds, hiding the sun, makes it so that it is nice and cool. Rainy days remind me of the beauties of the earth, how the leaves on the tree become greener and how right after a rain storm a magnificent rainbow with its many colors appears. When I talk to people about storms some of them say that they are scared of lighting and thunder or they feel sad and bored on a cloudy day. For me I look on the bright side of storms, like all of the loveliness it forms all around us and the sooth calmness of it all. I think of lightning and thunder as a light show with music; I think the lightning makes storms so pretty and pleasing to watch. I surely enjoy storms and appreciate them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home