Sunday, March 18, 2007

No one mourns the Wicked

Last year as I was sitting with my friends they all stare singing these fun songs that I've never heard of before. I kind of felt left out and noticed that everyone I talk to knows about this new Broadway musical called “Wicked”. I soon realized that, that was where the songs were from, so I had to get the sound track. When I got it for my 16th birthday I was so excited to listen to it. As I was listening I felt like I was there watching the performance felling the music as it went. Soon after I memorized all of the songs and was now in the group who knows about wicked and sings the songs. So now I ask why is the Broadway show “Wicked” so popular? For one thing it is a great Broadway performance and has wonderful music, but it means so much more than that. This “Wicked” faze has spread all over America and Europe. I think that it is so well-liked because it is the most modern Broadway and it is an extended story of a tale we all so liked and still like, "The Wizard of Oz". “Wicked” has such a touching and heart braking story for all ages to enjoy. It talks about the wicked witch and her life before she turned wicked. Just thinking about it makes me melt right off my seat. The mus ic plays suck an important role to the story and adds such a beautiful and heart warming touch . I love Wicked, listening to its music and determining the different characters thoughts and feelings towards one another and their conflicts. Ya “Wicked”!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home